Mary Sise, LLC
TAPPING TOOLKIT USER AGREEMENT
This Tapping Toolkit User Agreement (“Agreement”) contains the terms and conditions which apply to your use of the Tapping Toolkit, including, watching the video and downloading the Basic Tapping Protocol and Diagram of Tapping Points documents from marysise.com (collectively the “Toolkit”). By using the Toolkit, you are agreeing to be legally bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, please do not use the Toolkit. These terms may be updated from time to time without notice to you. You should review marysise.com periodically for changes to these terms.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The information presented in the Toolkit is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice. You agree to follow the instructions and advice accompanying the Toolkit.
2. You understand that using the Toolkit does not create a client-coach or any other type of professional relationship between you and Mary Sise and should not be relied upon as medical, psychological, coaching, or other professional advice of any kind or nature whatsoever. While Mary Sise, the creator of the Toolkit, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the State of New York, she is not offering the Toolkit under her psychotherapy license.
3. By using the Toolkit you will be introduced to an innovative energy-based self-help technique based on the newly emerging field of energy psychology called Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), also known as Tapping. Tapping seeks to address imbalances within a person’s energy system, as well as the energetic influence of thoughts, beliefs, and emotions on the body. The prevailing premise of Tapping is that the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system. It is believed that Tapping helps clear these disruptions; thereby restoring the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies. Tapping uses the ancient Chinese meridian system with a gentle tapping procedure which stimulates designated meridian end points on the face, head and upper body while saying specific phrases and focusing on issues of emotional intensity in order to release the intensity and reframe the issues. You understand that the Toolkit is designed solely for your own personal, non-commercial home use as an educational self-help tool.
4. Although Tapping appears to have promising wellness benefits and there is a growing amount of valid scientific research indicating that Tapping meets the criteria to be considered an evidence-based technique, especially for managing stress, it has yet to be fully accepted by the mainstream Western academic, medical, and psychological communities. Consequently, Tapping is currently not officially identified as an evidence-based technique and may be considered experimental. Due to Tapping’s experimental nature the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risk and benefits, are not fully known. Therefore, you agree to assume and accept full and complete responsibility for any and all risks associated with using the Toolkit.
5. Any information presented on the Toolkit about Tapping is not intended to represent that Tapping is used to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any medical problem or psychological disorder nor is Tapping intended as a substitute for seeking licensed health care services. In addition, you understand using the Toolkit is not to be considered a recommendation that you stop seeing any of your licensed health care providers or using prescribed medication, if any, without consulting with your licensed health care provider, even if after using any the Toolkit it appears and indicates that such medication or treatment is unnecessary.
6. Although people report having positive experiences with Tapping, please be advised in using Tapping it is possible to experience an adverse emotional and/or physical reaction and also uncomfortable unresolved memories may surface which could be perceived as negative side effects. It is also possible to experience some emotional distress and physical discomfort related to stressful or overwhelming experiences you may had had earlier in your life. If you inadvertently experience any distressing emotional and/or physical reactions using Tapping, you agree to immediately stop using the Toolkit and are advised to seek help from an appropriate licensed health care provider.
7. By registering for the Toolkit you are only permitted to download the Basic Tapping Protocol and Diagram of Tapping Points documents and print a copy of them only for your personal use. As provided in Paragraph 3 above, you are prohibited from using the Toolkit for any commercial purpose.
8. You acknowledge that Mary Sise, LLC owns all right, title, and interest, in and to the Toolkit, including intellectual property rights, and the copyrights therein. Except as provided in Paragraph 7 above, you may not copy, download, adapt, alter, reproduce, modify, retransmit, rent, lease, loan, sell, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, communicate or make available to the public the Toolkit, in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the Toolkit.
9. THE TOOLKIT IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Therefore, by using the Toolkit, you understand Mary Sise, LLC makes no warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding any outcome from you using Tapping for any particular issue. You understand Mary Sise, LLC accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the use or misuse of the Toolkit.
10. You represent that you are competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of using the Toolkit and that you are an adult under the laws of the state of your residence. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to this Agreement for the benefit of a minor, be advised that you are fully responsible for said minor’s use of the Toolkit.
11. You agree and understand this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law. If any portion of this Agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance of this Agreement shall continue in full force and affect. This Agreement sets forth the sole and entire understanding of the parties hereto relating to the subject matter hereof.
12. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to this Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to this Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of New York without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. This Agreement shall be binding upon you, your heir(s), and legal representative(s).
By registering for and using the Toolkit you knowingly, voluntarily, and intelligently assume all risks and agree to forever fully release, indemnify, hold harmless and defend Mary Sise, LLC, its owner(s), member(s), employees, agents, representatives, consultants, volunteers and others associated with Mary Sise, LLC from and against any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, which you may have for any loss, damage, or injury, including without limitation, physical, emotional, mental, legal, financial, or personal, arising out of or in connection with your use of the Toolkit.