Mary Sise, LLC
Tapping Tuesdays Group Program
Participation & Release of Liability Agreement
Thank you for participating in the weekly online Tapping Tuesdays Group Program (the “Program”) offered by Mary Sise, LLC and facilitated by Mary Sise (the “Facilitator”). By participating in the Program, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. You understand that in the Program you will be using an innovated energy-based coaching and self-help method based on the newly emerging field of energy psychology called Tapping. Tapping seeks to address imbalances within a person’s energy system, as well as the energetic influence of thoughts, beliefs, and emotions on the body. The prevailing premise of Tapping is that the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system. It is believed that Tapping helps clear these disruptions, thereby restoring the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies. Tapping uses the ancient Chinese meridian system with a gentle tapping procedure which stimulates designated meridian end points on the face and upper body while saying specific phrases and focusing on issues of emotional intensity in order to release the intensity and reframe the issues. The theory of energy-based methods such as the Tapping is that the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies are important for overall health, and for fostering well-being.
2. The information presented during the Program, including ideas, suggestions, techniques, methods, exercises, processes, instructions, and other materials (collectively the “Materials”) is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The Program is presented online and generally consists of the Facilitator leading group Tapping on the topic currently being addressed in the Program, along with group sharing of experiences by participants.
3. You understand that the Program is being offered solely as a self-help tool for reducing stress and supporting overall well-being and is not to be considered a substitute for medical or psychological services. You agree to consult with your licensed health care provider(s) for any specific medical or psychological problems and to continue any medical or psychological treatment that you are currently receiving while participating in the Program.
4. Because of the experimental nature of the Program, you agree and understand neither Mary Sise, LLC nor the Facilitator can provide any guarantees or predictions regarding the outcome or the results you may experience from participating in the Program. Please be advised by participating in the Program, it is possible to experience some physical discomfort or emotional distress that can be perceived as negative. It is also possible to experience some emotional distress and physical discomfort related to stressful or overwhelming experiences you may have had earlier in your life. If you inadvertently experience any emotional distress or physical discomfort participating in the Program, you are advised to notify the Facilitator and to seek the services of an appropriate health care professional.
5. While the Facilitator is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of New York, you understand that she is only providing her services as the Facilitator of the Program. Therefore, it is not to be construed that the services provided by the Facilitator during the Program are the practice of psychotherapy or any other licensed health care practice. You acknowledge and agree that anything and everything discussed with the Facilitator, either during or separate from the Program, is merely a perspective for you to consider. Your participation in the Program is not intended to create nor does it establish a practitioner - patient/client relationship between you and the Facilitator and should not be relied upon as psychological or other licensed professional health care advice of any kind or nature whatsoever.
6. You agree and understand that the Program will be audio recorded or recorded via streaming video for the purpose of making such audio recording or streaming video of the Program available to participants not able to attend the live online Program (the “Program Recordings”). The Program Recordings will only be available to participants as streaming and will not be available to download in order to protect the confidentiality of the information presented in the Program Recordings. Further, you agree and understand that Mary Sise, LLC shall have all rights in and to the Program Recordings, including the copyrights therein.
7. Any information, stories, testimonials, or other materials presented during the Program do not constitute a warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome for any particular purpose or issue. Due to the fact that the Program includes group processes, in which you may voluntarily reveal personal information, you understand that you waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality with respect to other individuals participating in the Program with you.
8. You agree to keep private and confidential any personal information shared by other individuals participating in the Program with you. Although Mary Sise, LLC uses a secure and encrypted Zoom electronic platform for the Facilitator to conduct the Program online, you understand that it is not possible for Mary Sise, LLC to guarantee the confidentiality of any of the information shared during the Program online. While participating in the Program, you are advised to be in a quiet private space. If you cannot be in a completely private space, you agree to use head phones during the Program to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the other participants in the Program.
9. Although Tapping appears to have promising health benefits, and there is a growing amount of valid scientific research indicating that Tapping is an effective evidence-supported technique, especially for managing stress, Tapping has yet to be fully accepted by the mainstream Western academic, medical, and psychological communities and therefore, may be considered experimental. Since the extent of the effectiveness of Tapping, as well as its risks and benefits are not fully known, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with using Tapping and for applying what you may learn from participating in the Program. Further, you agree and understand that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law.
10. The Materials presented during the Program and any other content made available during the Program are owned by Mary Sise, LLC and are protected by intellectual property and copyright laws. You may not duplicate, screen grab, modify, publish, post of Facebook or other social media sites, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, or reproduce, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Materials or any other content presented in the Program without written permission from Mary Sise, LLC. You understand that you are prohibited from recording the Program.
11. You understand your participation in the Program is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You represent that you’re competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Program and that that you have been given the opportunity to ask questions regarding any aspect of this Agreement. Further, you represent that you are an adult under the laws of the state of your residence and you have the right to enter into this Agreement.
12. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to this Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to this Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of state of New York without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. If any portion of this Agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance of this Agreement shall continue in full force and affect. This Agreement shall be binding upon you, your heir(s), and legal representative(s).
By registering and participating in the Program, you acknowledge that you have carefully and completely read and fully understand all aspects of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, you, your heir(s) and legal representative(s) agree to forever, fully release, defend, and hold harmless, Mary Sise, LLC, its owner(s), member(s), employees, representatives, and others associated with Mary Sise, LLC from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Program.